Are you are still looking to recover from the Google Panda update #24? If you were affected by the new Panda update, which was released on 22 January 2013, then you need to change your techniques, SEO plans and working strategies. Here I will share some important tips that can help you recover from the recent Google Panda update.
Google’s new search algorithm update has affected 1.2% English queries. It also has affected most if not all low quality websites featuring low quality back links and content of poor quality. The most recent update to existing algorithms was designed to remove low quality websites from top of the SERP (Search Engine Result Pages). If webmasters follow some good SEO techniques, then they will not be penalized by either the Panda or the Penguin updates.
Some SEO Tips that will you help recover from the Google Panda Update
It is often said that content is the king of SEO, so you need to update your website or blog content on the regular basis to keep the information fresh and appealing to readers. Also check to ensure your website content is not copied to other website. If your website content is copied from anywhere, then you must change your current site content or be penalized by Google. Duplicate content definitely affect your search engine ranking. Do not submit single article or blog on multiple websites, such practices are also penalized by Google updates. Quality content means writing a complete post along with full details and targeted keywords for one website only.
Create Backlinks from high PR Websites
Create high quality backlinks from high Page Rank (PR) websites and ensure that such websites are related to your article/blog topic. Do not create back links for unrelated topics. Submit your website to high page rank directory, bookmarking sites, forums etc. Some other back linking techniques that you can use, are:
- Guest Posting: – Guest posting is effective for creating back links to your website/blog from high page rank websites and it also helps drive a lot of traffic to your website or blog.
- Article Submissions: – Submit article on the high PR Directory like ezinearticles.com, but never submit a single article/blog on multiple websites. You should use also one URL link in your author biography in the article/blog, which will help drive traffic.
- Forum Posting: – Forum posting is another good way that can help improve traffic to your website and it also gives good quality backlinks. You can include a link to your site in signature area.
- Press releases: – Press releases can also help provide good back links to your website/blog.
- Video Submission: – Video Submissions of presentations also help increase in-bound traffic to your website. Create a video and Submit on YouTube, Blip.tv, Vimeo and viddler. Google tends to give more weightage to a video as compared to a text article. Video Submissions will definitely increase product visibility on the Internet.
Use Social Media
Currently social media is playing a key role in the success of new websites/blogs. Google is often accused of giving priority to G+ (Google+) over Twitter but still making your presence felt on Facebook, G+ and also Twitter is essential. If you are not currently using social media sites like Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, then you should start immediately. If you don’t have enough time to perform social media optimization (SMO) by yourself, you should hire a 3rd party to carry out the tasks.
Stop External links:-If you are selling paid links from your website then you must stop doing this immediately if you want your website to stay on the top of Google’s search rankings. If you need to use links for any website, then ensure that you use “No Follow” attributes for such links, because Google seldom penalizes sites carrying “No Follow” links even if they are not related to the topic of the website or blog.