Seeing as practically everyone owns a digital camera, camcorder or smartphone nowadays, odds are you have a ton of video footage captured from various occasions. Rather than just leaving it on your device and keeping it as short video clips, why not turn that footage into a great-looking home movie?
It may sound like that’s going to be rather complicated, but because the Movavi Video Editor emphasizes a user-friendly and intuitive approach – it is actually going to be extremely straightforward. To create a home movie in a few simple steps, just:
- Add the video (and audio) files that you want to use in your home movie by clicking on the ‘Add Media Files’ button and then locating and selecting them.
- Switch the Movavi Video Editor into ‘Storyboard’ mode by clicking on the corresponding icon above the ‘Timeline’.
- Go to the ‘Media’ panel and drag and drop the videos that you want into the ‘Storyboard’ in the order that you want them to appear.
- Add stylish transitions between any of the video clips by going to the ‘Fades’ panel and dragging and dropping the transitions that you want between the clips where you want it to appear.
- Add background music by going back to the ‘Media’ panel and dragging and dropping the audio file into the ‘Storyboard’ (which will automatically switch back to ‘Timeline’ mode when you do so).
- If you want to add subtitles, captions, or titles – click on the ‘Titles’ tab and select and drag it into the ‘Titles’ track.
- When you’re satisfied, save your new home movie using one of the presets available so that it will be automatically optimized for the device or platform that you choose.
Assuming you’d like to go even further than that, you can also choose to enhance the video quality, or use special effects and filters to transform its appearance. All of these features are provided by the Movavi Video Editor, and are just as easy to use as the ones that were listed above.
Frankly speaking, with what you now know you even know how to make a movie trailer for your home movie – if you want to. If you’re willing to experiment a little bit and try out new things, you’ll find that there is so much you can accomplish with the Movavi Video Editor.